Friday, February 26, 2010

Overdue Hump Day Blog Whoring - Double Whammy

Alright, so I missed this Wednesday and last Wednesday, but now I have TWO things to whore to you this week, so I'm making up for it, 'kay? And they're both super awesome, so don't hate me or nuffin'.

First up are the KoverBoyz. One of my favorite things to do is sit on youtube and find people doing covers of songs I like. Most of them are terrible, some are funny, and sometimes I'm blown away. And so it was that I discovered these dudes. They pick songs that you wouldn't necessarily expect two guys to cover, and they don't cover them as a joke - sure they have fun, but they're seriously good quality, and respectful to the originals. I shall post my favorite:


This is one of my faves, but their covers of Tik Tok by Ke$ha and Alejandro by Lady GaGa is are also awesome. SERIOUSLY check 'em out and give 'em some love. Any subscribers I can get them will make me happy. Josh - who plays the guitar - also has a guitar tutorial channel, so check that out too, it's very good. They have other little homes on the web, but all those details are on the profile. Go look now, yeah?

Secondly! My friend AMY!!! She's a lovely, delightful lady, and she's recently started a blog which has a truly inspired idea. She's going back to all the things she decided she hated when she was a child and giving them the benefit of the doubt and re-evaluating as an adult. For real... this is the stuff award-winning sit-coms are based on. First up was peanut-related foods. Peanut butter, peanut candy bars, satay. Ohmygoodness, you have no idea how hilarious it was to follow her doing this. She has a poll for what's up next, so go read up on the Peanut Capers and then vote for the next thing at Amy Tries Again.


A-woooo! Two videos! I must love you or summat. So, there, I've made up for my two missed Hump Day Blog Whoring installments. Hey, life gets in the way, y'all.

Keep watching this space for some amusing tales of my workplace. Love your face (which I can't see, so take it on faith).

- Raynie

2 comments:

Raynor said...

Technically, counting Josh's guitar tutorial channel, that's three. Just sayin'.

Matthew Bernstein said...

These vids were really fun -especially at 5:30 in the wee hours of the morn. Great idea by your friend, Amy!! Thanks