Saturday, January 23, 2010

Deh Neh-neh Neh Neh Neh!

(Deh Neh-neh Neh Neh Neh! is the theme song of the 90's X-Men cartoon, by the way)

There are things in this life that come and go, and there are others that stay with you forever, and one of those things for me, my friends, is comics. X-Men comics to be exact. I've collected X-Men comics since I was perhaps nine years old, and though it might be something that comes and goes with convenience - comic stores aren't on every blog - or budgetary constraints - economic downturn? - I always come back to it and always with a sense of child-like delight.

I have a "box" at The Daily Planet comic store in the city and you can find it at www.dailyplanetonline.com.au. Incidentally, if you forget the "online" part of the address, it takes you to a website for a brothel in Melbourne. I guarantee that mistake has made many, many a fanboy's day. But probably not so much a mistake I wanted to make while I was on my work computer... oops! But I digress... So, having not worked in the city for a few months, I decided it was time to collected my titles, and I was so excited it was like Wild Cherry Pepsi was pouring down my spine (I believe that this would be good sensation... try to love me before you judge me). I wanted to share with you my new dose of awesomeness.

In there you'll find Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, New Mutants, and a crossover title (I'll have to reread my last batch; I'm a bit fuzzy on what that's all about...).

I used to also get X-Force, but it was too time-travely for me. I'm really not into time-travel too much (unless it's the new Star Trek movie! OHMYLORDYYESSSS!), and I gotta say, I thought the art in X-Force was CRAZY good, but the writing was kinda blah for me, and frankly I can live with average artwork and great writing, but not so much the other way around. So I dropped that title quicker than Paris Hilton's vagina.

So, I'm really not sure what Paris Hilton's snackaterium has to do with dropping anything... I'm certain I wouldn't pick it up in the first place... I just wanted to work it in somehow. Cuz that's what I do. Thank you.

0 comments: